In 1959, Brandon College welcomed a new expansion to its campus called the Arts and Library Building. This addition offered not only an improved library but also further classroom space and offices for faculty and staff.
Two years later, the Arts and Library building was renamed the A.E. McKenzie Building after successful local businessman Albert Edward McKenzie. He is remembered for providing significant financial support to Brandon College following the loss of the school’s Baptist Union’s funding. Today the building provides students with an extensive student services program, career planning, graduation services as well as admissions.