Location: A.E. McKenzie Company fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University
This sign likely hung in one or several of the many offices of the A. E. McKenzie Seeds Co. Ltd. The company had many different head offices over their years of business; some were lost to fires. This and other factors make it hard for us to date this artifact. It has been refinished and painted, and it lacks any sort of date or manufacturing label. It is believed that this sign was used by A. E. McKenzie to demonstrate his takeover of the family company from his father in 1896.
Research and description by Bryce S.